The Mission:

I am building an airplane. I really can't tell you how weird it sounds to me to hear those words in my head as I type. I am keeping this blog as an adjunct to my written log, which is required to comply with FAA requirements for Experimental Aircraft construction. My son Doug is my partner in this project. There are two goals: to build the best, safest, and yes, COOLEST, airplane we can, and to allow Doug to acquire some truly awesome experiences, not to mention building skills. Thanks for viewing.



How to use this blog

The most current post is displayed on this opening page. To access the older posts, click on the "Blog Archive" on the right hand side. The drop down menu is arranged by the month and lists the posts, by title and by date posted, in reverse chronological order.

I will arrange the hypertext links to other websites I find interesting better some day, but they are at the bottom.

If you navigate to my first post, there is a link to my luthiery pages. I miss working with wood. Aluminum is nice, but it's boring. Give me a highly figured maple any day!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finish and FWF kits are here


I went to Aurora and picked up the finish kit.  This contains the canopy, main gear, and the engine mounting bracket  I also bought a firewall forward kit.  The right wing has the skin on the top, completed tank attached (no leaks!), and the leading edge.  The AOA sensors are in and plumbed.  There is still wiring, control rods, and bottom skins, but I think we can get these done soon.

The next great task is to move all of the necessary tools from my garage to the hangar.  This will take some time, so I don't anticipate a lot of forward progress in the next week on the fuselage.  However, I got good news from Canada today.  My engine, an AeroSport IO-360 B1B with fuel injection, one Slick mag and one P-Mag is on its way.

Now over twenty takeoffs and landings (still a year and a half until solo)


The great and raging debate about exterior and interior color is continuing.  The three finalists in my recent family survey are below (predictably, each one is someone's favorite.  There was no agreement):




No comments:

Post a Comment